Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Is it Winter Again?


Every year we slog through at least six months of colder than desirable temperatures and snow, or threat of snow. When spring, or even signs of spring roll around people come out of the woodwork to get outside. Usually a few crazy dudes put on shorts once the mercury hits 40. The real exodus to the outdoors occurs, though, when we see our first week of predicted temps at or above 60. That time is now. Lawns are full, lakes are crowded, streets are packed with carloads of people itching to be outside. Windows are down. The workplace is full of sandals and short sleeved shirts. I myself thought it would be safe to wear cropped pants. Silly me. These same people who crave warmer weather, green grass, and sunshine also LOVE air conditioning. I don't understand why, and I never will. It's 60 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Not too hot, not too cold. But indoors, you'd think you were trapped in the arctic circle. My cropped pants are covered by a blanket, and I've had to put a sweater on over my long-sleeved blouse. It's time to face facts. I will never be able to wear cute spring and summer clothes indoors in this crazy schizo state. And a big, figurative sock in the chops to all of you who complain about winter, then get on the horn to facilities management to complain about a lack of freezing cold air conditioning. Shame on you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeeeaaattiiieeees!!

Carly said...

Um yeah....remind me to bring my granny's heavy duty blankie to the office to keep warm.