Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Go Ahead, Make My Day!


Yesterday I had a great 6-mile run. I killed two birds with one stone. It was the kickoff to Bike Walk to Work Day, the idea of which is to replace part or all of a car commute with walking and/or bicycling. I ran 3 miles to the yarn store, met my husband (who brought water and a wallet - he is the best man alive!), and bought some more yarn to make my first scarf. Hubby brought my things home while I ran the 3 miles back. It was a great idea that was executed well.

Today, Hal says I need to run 4.5 miles. That's why I hate Hal. Just kidding! I couldn't get by without his training programs and I love them. I didn't feel like running today though. I didn't have anything fun to wear and I had to map out a new route that goes farther than all previous routes. Very discouraging! I got over my reluctance and hit the pavement. While I was running down a small hill I saw someone approaching on a Rascal. I spent a lot of time worrying about whether I should move to the left or move to the right. As I went right and he passed he said, "Slow down! You're running so fast you're going to get a ticket : )" He had a big grin on his face too. Now, we all know that I don't run fast. Not even close. But what a nice thing to say! It was a great reward for overcoming excuses to get out and do what I know I need to do.

What's the nicest, or most memorable thing anyone has ever said to you while you were running?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the nicest thing anyone has said to me is, "I didn't think you could run this far with your weight being what it is"! :)

-Jay Zass