Monday, April 20, 2009

Google Me This


So there I was, well, not the real me, but the Google representation of me, looking in all directions to see what this place would look like when the real me arrived. I needed a 3.5 mile route, and I wanted a relatively flat out and back. I mapped my way out 1.75 miles, but I didn't end up being close to an intersection. I clicked the street view hyperlink and was shown exactly where I would be, and what it would look like. There was a little person there to show me where I would be standing and which way I would be facing. When I finally arrived, in person, I recognized the place instantly. Now if only I could have clicked another hyperlink that would have told me I was going to be pelted with tiny bits of hail for a minute or two, I really would have known it all! But then again, who doesn't like to run in rain and hail?

No comments: